BrainLog team is proud to be part of the new project 3R-(Respire, Remember, Respond) Emotional Intelligence for reducing recidivism.
On the 9th of November 2020, our partners from Romania - Asociatia Centrul de Mediere Culturala, Dezvoltare Umana si Sociala, hosted an online Kick-off meeting for the 3R project.
Unfortunately, the original plan for having a physical meeting was changed to a web conference. However, the kick-off meeting was safety, exciting, productive and confirmed the efficient start of the CUB@wotk project. The partners had the opportunity to discussed in the details the following aspects of the project:
• Overview of the 3R project–Implementation strategy
• Management andFinancial Strategy
• O1-EMOTIONS FOR FREEDOM TOOLKIT strategy
• Dissemination and Exploitation
• Quality and Evaluation
• Agreements of the meeting, deadlines, tasks and planning next project meetings.
Thanks to the participation of the project partners, the Kick-off meeting was very dynamic, and everyone is passionate for further development. The partners participating in the 3R project are:
• Asociatia Centrul de Mediere Culturala, Dezvoltare Umana si Sociala Leading organization (Romania)
• CPIP (Romania)
• INDEPCIE SCA (Spain)
• BrainLog (Denmark)
• Stowarzyszenie SEDA (Poland)
• YORK ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL LIMITED (United Kingdom)
• GROWTH COOP S.COOP.AND (Spanien)
About the project:
3R projektet er baseret på et følelsesmæssigt intelligensredskab, som virker specifikt med selvkontrol og ledelse i beslutningstagning. Ifølge professor Daniel Goleman, har mennesker før stimulus to muligheder for at svare. Den første er, når vores hjerne svarer fra dens primitive område og provokere en primær reaktion fra vrede eller frygt. Den anden sker, når hjernen filtrerer reaktionen gennem des rationelle og logiske område (cortex) og foretager et rationelt svar.
Thus, 3R tries to look for a more operative and less impulsive option based on three steps:
1. Identify Your Emotions;
2. Interpret Your Emotions; and
3. Manage Your Emotions.
Formålet med projektet er at styrke den sociale tilpasningsevne og modstandsdygtigheden hos (tidligere) lovovertrædere, for at fremme deres genindtrædelse til fællesskabet, og som et resultat af dette reducerer tilbagefald. I denne forstand bør Følelsesmæssig Intelligens assistance gives til indsatte, som vil blive løsladt indenfor seks måneder eller er dømt til samfundstjeneste.
The project plans to show the importance of the application of Emotional Intelligence tools and strategies for prisoners who will be released within 6 months or offenders under community sentences in order to reduce the levels of recidivism.
1) Map the emotional intelligence introduction in the CJS of partner countries;
2) Adapt the based learning experiences identified as positive practice within the partnership;
3) Develop the 3R learning system for CJS clients and, in a second step, train professionals working with them (pilot in country partners throughout a Lifelong Learning initiative);
4) Expose - at least - 140 inmates and 44 CJS staff and NGOs across the partnership to key competency-based learning experience;
5) Stimulate the community reintegration of prisoners and offenders, applying the strategies previously experienced;
6) Raise the awareness of involved local communities in the importance of Emotional Intelligence as a tool in the reintegration of inmates and offenders;
7) Integrate the transferred 3R methodology in partners national training practices (for inmates and their reintegration programme).
8) Bring into focus the value of 3R methodology as well as the sustainability of the methods
Results- Final products
• A list of 10 main emotional skills needed by inmates in their attempt to reintegrate in society.
• Two training pills and two learning tools (toolbox) for each of those previous defined skills.
• A list of 10 main emotional skills needed by guards, wardens and social-workers in their everyday relationship with inmates and their support to the reinsertion. • Two training pills and two learning tools for each of those previous defined skills.
• Information note on the project and links to online resources.
• A website for the indefinite maintenance of the on-line course and contact details of tutors.