- BrainLog (Denmark)
- MARKEUT SKILLS SOCIEDAD LIMITADA (Spain)
- CWEP (Poland)
- LABC S.R.L. (Italy)
- UNIVERSITY OF THESSALY (Greece)
- Centrum Ksztalcenia Edukator Sp. z o.o. (Poland)
- E&D KNOWLEDGE CONSULTING, LDA (Portugal)
The meeting was planned to be held in Odense, Denmark where BrainLog team would have the honor to welcome all project partners. However, due to COVID-19 restrictions the meeting was online and it lasted almost 3 hours, where all international partners took active part in developing a detailed project management and milestone plan.
During the meeting all partners presented their organizations’ activities, missions and visions. After that the consortium began the actual project management discussion where the following milestones were discussed and thoroughly planned:
• Overview of the project – target groups, Intellectual Outputs, Gantt:
- Primary target group are start-uppers/prospective entrepreneurs/startups
- Secondary groups: companies, networks of companies, VET providers and VET Trainers (organisations that provide VET learning or have access to start-ups and entrepreneurs (i.e. VET trainers; lifelong learning and VET associations; entrepreneurs associations, incubators; co-working spaces; local or regional institutions), as stakeholders.
• Intellectual Output of the project: “Virtual Integrated Start-ups Ecosystem” - This output will be a complex platform that will include 3 sections. To create the content of the ecosystem, partners will conduct research. It will deepen what was researched at the time of proposal preparation. Research will identify what it really takes, what skills and attitudes are needed to be successful entrepreneur in today's highly turbulent environment. It will be based on the EntreComp framework and will take into account its 3 areas (Ideas and opportunities, Resources and Into action) and 15 competences. The research will be based on methodology, which will include instructions, common for all partners and specific, for country context. IT will include tools that will be used for gathering information: focus group scenario and questionnaire for entrepreneurs and prospective entrepreneurs to find out entrepreneurial skills set that is the most relevant and needed in order to successfully run the startup in todays’ turbulent environment. Research will take form of 2 parallel studies.
Work will be divided in 9 main Activities (where IO1-A5, IO1-A6, will run in parallel):
IO1-A1 - Preparing methodology for research
IO1-A2 – Conducting research and preparing interactive report interface
IO1-A3 - Preparing the online and mobile version of report
IO1-A4 – Preparing the design and structure of the Virtual Integrated Start-ups Ecosystem
IO1-A5 – Developing the content of e-course and its online implementation
IO1-A6 – Developing the content of assessment tool and its online implementation
IO1-A7 – Piloting with target groups
IO1-A8 – Improvements and translations of content
After that, all partners planned and discussed:
• Project management – administrative and financial issues
• Dissemination plan overview – logo, website, leaflet, newsletters, social media, indicators, stakeholder’s involvement
• Quality & Evaluation plan overview – activities, indicators of success and more.
BrainLog and all partners are excited to lead and develop “VISE” project. All partners will be closely working with startups and other stakeholders from all countries involved in the project.
About the Project:
Start-ups and entrepreneurs are the engine of economic growth in Europe. Entrepreneurship 2020 Action Plan aims to bring Europe back to growth stressing the need for more entrepreneurs, primarily through skills development and entrepreneurial education. Start-ups are the center of attention of the EC's Start-up Europe initiative supporting scale up of businesses. Entrepreneurship skills at all level of education and training are also one of the main objectives of the ET2020 strategy. According to “Rethinking Education”, in order to build “skills for the 21st century”, efforts are needed to develop skills such as entrepreneurship, which should be given particular attention, since enhance employability. Entrepreneurship is included in curricula of many EU countries but despite that, according to Final Report of Expert Group, there is still gap in knowledge and skills and the current needs of businesses are not taken into account. Recognising the importance of entrepreneurship, the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission has created the Entrepreneurship Competence Framework (EntreComp) which defines entrepreneurship as a transversal competence and offers a tool to be applied to all spheres of life, including to self-employed persons, and also to starting up ventures and offering (EntreComp).Understanding the significance of the framework, partnership wants to use it as a reference for achieving the aim of the VISE project, which is to strengthen entrepreneurship competences of start-uppers and prospective entrepreneurs in the field of 3 most needed areas of entrepreneurship (according to EntreComp framework) together with taking up digital technologies to strengthen their business activities. The aims will be achieved through development of Virtual Integrated Start-ups Ecosystem consisting of:
- skills’ assessment tool – multimedia based tests assessing 6 skills and resulting in individual entrepreneurial roadmap;
- e-course - consisting of training modules on corresponding 6 skills;
- Entrepreneurial Coach – mutual learning platform allowing for connecting and sharing and promotion of products and services.
Primary target group are startuppers/prospective entrepreneurs/startups.
Secondary groups: companies, networks of companies, VET providers and VET Trainers (organisations that provide VET learning or have access to start-ups and entrepreneurs (i.e. VET trainers; lifelong learning and VET associations; entrepreneurs associations, incubators; co-working spaces; local or regional institutions), as stakeholders.
The impact of the VISE project is expected to be clearly visible on the participants, participating organisations, target groups and other relevant stakeholders. It will show in strengthened entrepreneurship competences in the field of 3 most needed areas of entrepreneurship of startuppers and prospective entrepreneurs and through that better competences of these groups to run own businesses, in increased awareness about existence of EntreComp framework among participants, target groups and stakeholders and better use of digital technologies in startups and other companies. It will contribute to establishment of better educational and training paths, educational training offers and innovative approaches to teaching entrepreneurship in partner countries and further, in countries beyond the partnership. The project will also increase cooperation between non-formal education and business world and develop networks between startups and VET providers across Europe. br />